Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Serenity Prayer...

That was the topic of the meeting tonight. It is a powerful prayer. I say it after my first cup of coffee after waking. Sometimes when I say it, I feel serene, other times I might stumble across something. Sometimes, I don't feel a thing. If I stumble saying it, something is troubling me, and this has now become a valuable utility in looking at the trouble spots. I recall in the third edition of the AA Big Book, specifically page 449. It talks about how acceptance is the answer to all our problems. For me, until I can accept life on it's terms, I will not come to know real peace. Most of the time I am peaceful. But I do have my moments when I'll get excited about people, places and things I have no control over. I have found the way to gain control; give it up. AA gossip was something else I thought about today. In the book it talks about one alcoholic judging another alcoholic, and how odd that is.
That reminds me of the two drunks sitting at the bar, and the one drunk turns to the other and says, "Hey, you better slow down on the drinking! Look at your face! It's all blurry!"
We can't run after serenity. It will be granted by our HP if we ask for it enough. I am grateful for the quiet calm I sometimes feel. Thanks for another 24.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

serenity... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
i have it at this moment... thanks for sharing Brain... :)

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.