Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Pain, soreness and more to do...

AB (me) am Irish.  I learned recently that my Great Grandparents were members of the Irish Mob.  They lived in Woodstock Ontario, Canada.  This group controlled underground crime  from there to the north end of  Boston Massachusetts.  We were ruthless, and wouldn't hesitate to birth river's of  blood from those who attempted to interfere with our operation from the outside or from within the families business concerns.  Illegal alcohol distribution was a huge part of the family back then...Any member of the  "family" caught consuming our products would be docked pay, and pistol whipped.  A second offense, well, put it this way.  No one ever knew anything about their disappearance...
I don't know why I opened this post by sharing the above information.  Other than I think it's kinda cool to share where one comes from.  There is something to be said about genetics.
In the early days before I joined AA,  I drank a lot with an Irish friend by the name of Paddy O.  Our favorite drink naturally, was Murphy's Irish Whiskey.  One evening, driving home, Paddy was involved in a terrible auto accident.  He was still alive when I got to the hospital, and was able to see him.  He was able to share with me his dying wish.  He made me promise that every year on his birthday, I was to visit his grave site, and pour a bottle of Murphy's Irish Whisky over his grave.  I promised Paddy that I would be honored to do that.  Shortly after, Paddy O'Furnature, passed away. 
On the evening of his first birthday, I pulled into the cemetery, and parked near his grave.  I sat in my car, sipping on the last drink from a bottle of  Murphy's.  I finished it up and realized I had to urinate badly.   I got out of my car and proceeded to urinate seemingly forever, totally covering his grave.  I then spoke to Paddy O.  I slurred, "Paddy, you are sorely missed my dearest friend.  I have just poured Murphy's over your grave as you requested that I do.  What I failed to tell you Paddy however, is that the the Murphy's would not be wasted.  I therefore ran it through me kidneys first!  See you next year!  (I told you we were ruthless).
As far as my move I have another dresser and corner computer desk to get in here.  Then,  just my  fishing and camping gear is all I have left to move.  It hasn't been easy for me.  I am in fair health with some limitations.  But without drinking, I will get done!!  God helped immensely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.