Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, October 22, 2018

I Might Go Back...

I like to start off lite hearted, before getting into the red meat of the post.  "So anyway this stud horse walks into a bar and orders a glass of beer while picking out a stool at the plank.  The bar keep brings a cold beer to the horse and says,  hey Stallion, why the long face?  The horse mutters something having to do with a mare,  saying she ain't what she used be."  Obviously a domestic issue at the barn.

"Did you hear about the frog that was parked illegally?  It got toad."

Ok, since 1992, I have always lived with roommates.  The preface being two people renting is more cost effective than living alone, especially with my meager income.  I am on Social Security Disability Insurance.  I'm dirt poor.  It's pathetic.  Fourteen months ago,  I went to HUD Housing and filled out some applications for housing.  I was warned by the staff that the waiting list is about a one year wait.  I finally got a call from HUD, and was told I made it to the top of the list, and the most desirable apartment,  at the best housing apartment building, was being offered to little AB.  I pounced on it.   I started paying rent on 09/27/2018.  By October 21st, I believe I have all my stuff moved into my new Crib.  I had to move away from an environment that was not conducive to recovery from Alcohol misise, abuse and addiction to it.  With all the illegal drugs being used, and sold there,  I was reduced to living in my bedroom.  I don't know how I stayed alcohol free.  People were coming and going at all hours of the night.  They were smoking a very powerful central nervous system stimulant.  As well as selling it. I need to add that my room mate had been asking me to leave for a long time. I never really did anything to help her and she reached out to what she new out if fear of being evicted.

I haven't been to a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous in over three years.  I see myself in Gorski's relapse dynamic.  In AA members refer to this condition as a dry drunk.  I have to get back on track and get my ass to some meetings of AA to interrupt what could spell disaster for me.  I pray to see some of you in the area,  whilst I attend some meetings.  God willing...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.